Boralex will hold a public open house on Wednesday, October 4, 2023 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Tully Train Depot, near Grove and Douglas Streets.
The Town of Tully will be holding a public hearing on the project on Wednesday, October 11, 2023, at 7 p.m. at the Town Municipal Building.
Sky High Solar Farm is a 20MW project located in the Town of Tully, in the County of Onondaga. The project is ground-mounted and being developed on three separate parcels of land across 125 acres. The forecasted electric output is estimated at 35 gigawatt-hours annually, enough electricity to power 4,600 homes annually. Construction of the Sky High Solar Farm is expected to begin in summer 2024.
The project would offer economic, social, and environmental benefits to the State of New York, Onondaga County and to the Town of Tully, and would:
- Create approximately 50 jobs during construction
- Create long-term jobs to support operations
- Boost local economy and add commerce for local businesses during the construction and the operation
- Provide significant tax revenues to the Town of Tully, Onondaga County and to the local school district
- Provide quiet, emission free, reliable power to NYS
- Help NYS achieve its goal of 70% clean power generation by 2030
Boralex plans to hold a public open house this fall. Details to come shortly. Materials will be available here at that time.
The Town of Tully will be holding a public hearing on the application of Boralex’s Sky High Solar Overlay District on September 13 at 7 p.m. The application is on file and can be viewed at the Tully Municipal Building. Details and hours can be found here.
The slides for our virtual open house from 2021 can be found here. A video of the presentation is below:
For more information please contact:
David Lett, (438) 356-5587, firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexandra Dutt, (484) 661-6948, email@example.com
Members of the media, please contact Melissa Mansfield, (518) 339-7769, firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 39 Hudson Falls Rd. South Glens Falls New York, 12803