|Location:||Watertown and Hounsfield|
Up Coming Events
We will be holding Virtual Open Houses on Microsoft Teams on December 18 and 22, 2020.
- To access our Virtual Open House on December 22 at 6:30 pm: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_YmEwNWYzN2QtODA5OS00Njc3LWIxNTgtNjMyOGNlZjNlNDc3%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%223b65fa04-6ed7-4bfe-a5c8-0523fd14d634%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22e004adac-67f1-4936-a8d0-e227412a524a%22%2c%22IsBroadcastMeeting%22%3atrue%7d
- For the people joining by phone, the call number is: +1 347-841-0229 (United States, New York City (Toll)) and the conference ID is: 289 180 941#
- To view the Greens Corners Solar Virtual Open House Presentation (December 18 & 22, 2020), click here.
- To view the Greens Corners Solar Site Plan, click here.
- To register, click here.
Boralex’s Greens Corners Solar project is a 120 MW photovoltaic solar energy generation facility to be located in the Town of Watertown and in the Town of Hounsfield, Jefferson County, New York. The project will include solar arrays and other project features such as the site roads and the electrical interconnection to and the electrical interconnection to National Grid 115kV circuit.
Currently in early-stage development, the facility is expected to be commissioned in Q4 2023. Boralex is progressing through the appropriate study processes as required with NYISO and National Grid. Boralex also has submitted an Article 10 Public Involvement Program Plan to the Public Service Commission and will continue to progress with the permitting process as outlined in the Article 10 law and its related regulations.
The project would offer significant economic, social, and environmental benefits to the New York State (NYS), to Jefferson County, the Town of Watertown and the Town of Hounsfield, and would:
- Create more than 100 jobs during construction
- Create long-term jobs to support operations
- Boost local economy and add commerce for local businesses during the construction and the operation
- Provide significant tax revenues to the Town of Watertown, the Town of Hounsfield, Jefferson County and to the local school districts
- Provide quiet, emission free, reliable power generation for the equivalent of 27,500 NYS households per year
- Help NYS achieve its goal of 70% clean power generation by 2030
Article 10 applicants are required to provide funds to be used to defray certain expenses incurred by municipal and local parties as they participate in the pre-application scoping process and in the proceeding before the Siting Board to consider the Article 10 Application.
The funds, known as “intervenor” funds, are provided by the assessment of fees on the applicant. “Intervenor” is a name used to refer to a party that joins an ongoing case or proceeding as a third-party for the protection of an interest. Some intervenors join as a matter of right established in the Article 10 statute; others are permitted to join at the discretion of the Presiding Examiner or the Siting Board. Not all intervenors are eligible for intervenor funds; only “municipal and local parties” are eligible. Eligible “municipal parties” include any county, city, town or village located in New York State that may be affected by the proposed major electric generating facility. The Presiding Examiner must reserve at least 50% of the funds for potential awards to municipalities. Eligible “local parties” include persons residing in a community who may be affected by the proposed major electric generating facility. Such persons may seek intervenor funding either individually or collectively. Local parties are eligible to receive up to 50% of the funds.
- Revised Public Involvement Program Plan
- [Notice of Filing of Preliminary Scoping Statement](/uploads/PSS_Greens Corners Solar.pdf)
- Article 10 Regulations
- Regional Facility Location And Facility Area
- Potential Environmental Justice Areas 1
- Potential Environmental Justice Areas 2
Hard copy of related project documents are also available at the following:
Flower Memorial Library
229 Washington Street
Watertown, NY 13601
Phone: (315) 785-7705 / Fax: (315) 788-2584
Hay Memorial Library
105 South Broad Street
Sackets Harbor, NY 13685
Phone: (315) 646-2228 / Fax: (315) 646-2228
Need more information or wish to become a stakeholder? Please feel free to contact us. Telephone: 1-844-990-9146 firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 39 Hudson Falls Rd. South Glens Falls New York, 12803