|Location:||Fort Edward and Argyle|
Boralex’s Fort Edward Solar project is a 100 MW photovoltaic solar energy generation facility to be located in the Town of Fort Edward and the Town of Argyle in Washington County, New York. The project was originated in 2019 by Boralex.
The project will include solar arrays and other project infrastructure such as the site roads, substation and electrical interconnection to the National Grid 115kV circuit.
Currently in early-stage development, the facility is expected to be commissioned in Q4 2024.
Boralex has begun to engage with the local community (e.g. landowner, town and county representatives, state officials, school districts and groups of interest) and will pursue this consultation process throughout all phases of development and operations.
Environmental and permitting activities began in Q1 2022 and will be governed under the new 94-c state permitting process through the Office of Renewable Energy Siting (ORES). Permitting activities are expected to span throughout 2022 and 2023. All project infrastructure will be situated in such a manner as to respect municipal, state, and federal regulations as well as taking into consideration feedback from residents and other stakeholders.
The Project will offer significant economic, social, and environmental benefits to New York State (NYS), Washington County, the Town of Fort Edward, the Town of Argyle and the local School Districts, including:
- Create approximately 120 jobs during construction;
- Create long-term jobs to support operations and maintenance;
- Boost local economy and add commerce for local businesses during construction and operations;
- Provide significant tax revenues to the Town of Fort Edward, the Town of Argyle, Washington County and to the Fort Edward Union Free School District, Hudson Falls Central School District and the Argyle Central School District;
- Provide quiet, emission free and reliable power generation for the equivalent of approximately 28,000 NYS households per year;
- Help NYS achieve its goal of 70% clean power generation by 2030 and 100% by 2040.
To learn more about solar generation and its benefits, click here.
Boralex anticipates holding in-person open house events in Spring 2022, pending state and local health and safety guidelines.
The slides for our virtual open house in May 2021 can be found here. A video of the presentation is below.
For more information and questions, please contact our team:
Marc Stachiw, (403) 880-4939, firstname.lastname@example.org
John Reagan, (518) 832-3480, email@example.com
39 Hudson Falls Rd.
South Glens Falls
New York, 12803