|Location:||Fort Covington and Westville|
Fort Covington Solar Farm is a 250 MWac project located in the Towns of Fort Covington and Westville, in the County of Franklin. The project is ground-mounted and being developed on separate parcels of land across an estimated 1,700 acres. Environmental surveys and permitting processes began in late 2021.
The project would offer economic, social, and environmental benefits locally and to the State of New York and:
- Create more than 100 jobs during construction
- Create long-term jobs to support operations
- Boost local economy and add commerce for local businesses during the construction and the operation
- Provide significant tax revenues to the towns, county, and to local school districts
- Provide quiet, emission free, reliable power to NYS
- Help NYS achieve its goal of 70% clean power generation by 2030
Boralex will conduct public open house events as development progresses. More details will follow.
For more information please contact:
Bryan Tripp, (905) 691-6141, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sara Prizzi, (518) 502-4282, email@example.com