The Easton Solar Project is a 20 MW photovoltaic solar energy generation facility to be located in the Town of Easton, Washington County, New York. The project was originated in 2019 by Boralex.
The project will include solar arrays and other project infrastructure such as the site roads, substation and electrical interconnection to the National Grid 115kV circuit.
Development and Permitting Process
Currently in early-stage development, the facility is expected to be commissioned in Q4 2023.
Boralex has started public consultation activities including outreach to the Town Council of Easton, Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC), other local stakeholders, and nonparticipating landowners located near the project site.
Environmental and permitting activities are scheduled to start in Q1 2022 and will be governed under the SEQRA permitting process. Permitting activities are expected to span throughout 2022. All project infrastructure will be situated in such a manner as to respect municipal, state, and federal regulations as well as taking into consideration feedback from residents and other stakeholders.
Proposed Site Plan
The project will offer significant economic, social, and environmental benefits to New York State, Washington County, the Town of Easton and the local school districts, including:
- Create approximately 50 jobs during construction;
- Create long-term jobs to support operations and maintenance;
- Boost local economy and add commerce for local businesses during construction and operations;
- Provide tax revenues to the Town of Eston, Washington County, the Greenwich Central School District and to the Schuylerville Central School District;
- Provide quiet, emission free and reliable power generation for the equivalent of approximately 5,700 NYS households per year;
- Help NYS achieve its goal of 70% clean power generation by 2030 and 100% by 2040.
To learn more about solar generation and its benefits, click here.
The slides for our Virtual Open House held May 20, 2021, can be found here. A video of the presentation is below.
For more information, please contact us:
39 Hudson Falls Rd.
South Glens Falls
New York, 12803