Diamond Solar Farm is a 60 MWac potential project located in the Town of Schuyler, in the County of Herkimer. The project would be ground-mounted and developed on separate parcels of land across an estimated 405 acres.
Currently in early-stage development, the facility is expected to be commissioned in 2025.
Boralex has begun to engage with the local community (e.g. landowners, town and county representatives, state officials, school districts and other groups of interest) and will pursue this consultation process throughout all phases of development and operations.
Environmental and permitting activities began in late 2021 and will be governed under the new 94-c permitting process through the Office of Renewable Energy Siting (ORES). Field studies may include bird surveys, noise studies, archeological studies, geotechnical borings and electrical resistivity testing, as well as other environmental and technical studies.
Permitting activities are expected to span throughout 2022 and 2023.
All project infrastructure will be situated in such a manner as to respect municipal, state, and federal regulations, as well as taking into consideration feedback from residents and other stakeholders.
The project would offer economic, social, and environmental benefits locally and to the State of New York and:
- Create more than 100 jobs during construction
- Create long-term jobs to support operations
- Boost local economy and add commerce for local businesses during the construction and the operation
- Provide significant tax revenues to the towns, county, and to local school districts
- Provide quiet, emission free, reliable power to NYS
- Help NYS achieve its goal of 70% clean power generation by 2030
Boralex will hold a series of public open houses as development gets underway.
For more information please contact:
Bryan Tripp, (905) 691-6141, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sara Prizzi, (518) 502-4282, email@example.com